Also be sure to visit:

My friend's website:

Jan 29, 2009

Another Manhole Cover Key

It was listed as an "ANTIQUE HUGE BRASS SKELETON LOCK KEY 6 INCH 1/2LB KEY", but it sure looks like a manhole cover key.





THIS UNUSUAL LARGE BRASS SKELETON KEY MEASURES 6 INCHES LONG AND 4 INCHES WIDE. IT HAS A (D) STAMPED ON ONE SIDE AND A (S) I THINK STAMPED ON OTHER SIDE OF HANDLE. IT IS VERY HEAVY 1/2LB OR MORE. I AM NOT SURE WHAT THIS FITS. NEVER SEEN ONE LIKE THIS. GREAT KEY FOR ANY LOCK COLLECTION. - eBay


I already listed one here. I listed this one because this one sold. It sold for $9.99 (Plus $4.55 Shipping).
-----

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found a manhole cover key that is labeled "FLIP-O." The patent was pending. It has 135° angle which makes it elbow-shaped. One end is a key and the other end looks like a half inch or 5/8 inch wrench for turning a water valve. The key part was painted yellow and the rest of the wrench is faded blue. There's a hole at the inside of the elbow that looks like a chain or rope could be attached.