This padlock had an opening bid of $250 (Plus $6.95 Shipping) but received no bids.
OLD YALE LOCK
* THIS LOCK IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION FOR ITS AGE
* LOOKS TO BE PRISON ORIENTED
* CANNOT BE FOUND IN 6TH EDITION OF THE PADLOCK COLLECTOR'S PRICE GUIDE OF 1996
* 'NC' IS STAMPED INTO CASTING ON THE LEFT CORNER ON Y & T SIDE
* LARGE LOCK - APPROX. 4 1/2" LONG, 2 3/4" WIDE
The seller then added the following from a viewer:
Question & Answer:
Q: This is a Yale #877 Padlock from the early 1900's (1901-1926). It was designed for use locking heavy chains. Standard 4 lever lock, uses the Yale #89 key blank. The "NC" is 1/2 of the key code. There should be a number stamped in the right corner that's the other 1/2.
A: I appreciate the information and know others will too. There is a number on the right corner, possibly 459. Thanks for the info. - eBay (22 April 09)