Also be sure to visit:

My friend's website:

May 5, 2009

Another Bean Giant Handcuffs Auction

Here is another set of Bean Giants handcuffs that came up for auction:






I am selling a pair of Bean Giant handcuffs. The nickel plating is about 95% there, there are some small scratches on the surface. Both ends swing freely and ratchet right into place. When I open the lock, one of the latches is a bit stickey, but it does open. The key is not original, the original was broken off inside; it came out when I opened the cuffs for the first time. I will send the broken bit with the cuffs.

The words "Patent Applied For" is stamped on one of the tongues (Pat Apl'd For). I am not a handcuff expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I know that this usually indicates an early version of a product. I looked up the patent, which is dated Nov. 1, 1887, so this pair is at least that old, but more likely a year or so older.

As I already stated, I am not an expert, so please ask any questions, I will do my best to answer them. Because of the age, these cuffs are being sold 'As-Is' - eBay (2 April 09)

This set of Bean Giant handcuffs had a high bid of $1,354 (Plus $8 Shipping) but failed to meet the reserve price.

I later obtained this set of Bean Giant handcuffs from the seller for $1,600.
-----

No comments: