Also be sure to visit:

My friend's website:

May 23, 2009

KEEN KUTTER BRASS PADLOCK - ORIGINAL DATED 01-02-1906 !!!

Here is an example of a highly sought after and often faked padlock.







Internet research into the history of E.C. Simmons Keen Kutter reveals that the company patented its first padlock January 2, 1906, and this distinctly different-looking brass padlock example is that very first model lock. Lock is marked, inscribed, Trademark, Pat. 1-2-06. This is the Holy Grail of Keen Kutter padlocks, all original, and, amazingly, the key is present and unlocks the lock--something that rarely occurs as most Keen kutter locks for sale unfortunately no longer have the key. What's more, I see internet auction sites awash in undesirable, reproduction Keen Kutters. Here you will get the real McCoy and in super shape. Condition is as shown, very, very nice, no damage, no issues, just the king of the hill of the Keen Kutter padlocks. I have not attempted to clean or lube the lock, I'll leave that up to the winning bidder.

Please note there is a modest reserve in place.

The photos tell the story, and are as representative as the text description, so please look and examine my photography closely and decide for yourself what this antique 1906 Keen Kutter padlock is worth to you and bid accordingly; for what you see, is exactly what you'll get. Please E-mail me with questions, comments or for more photos, as I like questions. You are bidding on one 1906 Brass Keen Kutter Padlock, sold as-is, as-shown, no returns. (please note if there is a problem, contact me immediately and we'll solve it amicably, I insist.) - eBay (18 March 09)

This padlock sold for $169.59 (Plus $4 Shipping).
-----

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have an authentic Keen Kutter pad lock with the date of 1-2-06 without keys, could you tell me what the value would be and where a good place to sell it would be. Please respond to c2witherell@gmail.com. Thank you.