Also be sure to visit:

My friend's website:

Apr 23, 2009

1800s Vintage "Lutz, Royce, Trenor, and Chadwick" Police Come Along

I am very happy that I do not collect nippers, because this one looks like a must-have!








A handcuff expert has identified this as a "rare and valuable Nipper. It is a "Lutz, Royce, Trenor, and Chadwick" patented May 3, 1870." It is a locking come-along with a release lever. Made of brass and cast iron with rosewood handles with three "tightness" levels. The mechanism is in excellent working condition. Sold "As-Is," no returns. Insurance and overseas shipping rates will vary depending on purchaser's desires. Customs duties are the responsibility of the buyer/recipient.

Thanks for looking and bidding.

Seller then added the following:

Question & Answer:


Q: Hi, Does this restraint appear to have been altered in any way, or taken apart? I understand that it is extremely old, but is there a particular reason that its an "as is" no return auction? Thanks for taking time to respond. Best regards, William

A: No reason whatsoever, as far as I can tell. Just caution on my part. This restraint was given to me by me late father-in-law (I was a sheriff's deputy at the time) more than 25 years ago and has been stored in a safe, virtually untouched, for most of that period. Can't answer as to what may have happened before that period. The item is in good working condition. - eBay (22 April 09)

This set of nippers had an opening bid of $1,000 and sold for $2,052 (Plus $12.50 shipping).
-----

No comments: