Also be sure to visit:

My friend's website:

Jul 5, 2009

Story Lock: Fancy Scroll Work Cast Iron Padlock

Here is another Story Padlock.





Up for auction tonight is for a Early original Antique Fancy scroll work CAST IRON PAD LOCK with key. I dont know if the key is original but it works to open the lock, The lock looks to be in great condition but someone has cleaned it, there are no markings. It measures about 4 inches tall and 2.5 inches across. - eBay (21 April 09)

This padlock had a high bid of $380 (Plus $6 Shipping).
-----
Here is another Story Lock auctioned at the same time:






Rare Scroll Story Lock Padlock - This Scroll Story Padlock was part of my award-winning display at the 2009 Crossroads of America Padlock Show (the "Indy" Show). I have upgraded my collection with a better example of this lock, and am now willing to part with this one. The lock I am selling actually has much better detail to the casting than the lock I have acquired. The lock I am keeping has a drop that covers the keyway. The lock you are bidding on is a very fine example.

Overall length is about 2-3/4", width at the widest part of the body is about 1-3/4". The body is about 1/2" thick. Supplied with working, but not original key. - eBay (12 June 09)

This padlock had a high bid of $350 (Plus $10.17 Shipping).
-----
And one more:






Rare Scroll Story Lock Padlock - This Scroll Story Padlock was part of my award-winning display at the 2009 Crossroads of America Padlock Show (the "Indy" Show). I have upgraded my collection with a better example of this lock, and am now willing to part with this one. This lock is missing a small part of the casting above the right front rivet, near the shackle (clearly visible in the front photograph).

Overall length is about 4-3/8", width at the widest part of the body is about 2-1/2". The body is about 3/4" thick. Supplied with working, but not original key. - eBay (12 June 09)

This padlock had a high bid of $237.39 (Plus $10.17 Shipping).

No comments: