Also be sure to visit:

My friend's website:

Oct 14, 2008

Very Expensive Antique Thumbcuffs

I thought that thumbcuffs are a relatively new item, but they have been around for a while. Here is an interesting antique pair.





ANTIQUE THUMB CUFFS. THESE ARE HIGH QUALITY AND WORK QUITE WELL. COMES WITH ONE KEY. THE ONLY LETTERING I SEE IS "PAT. PEND." IF YOU COLLECT THE OLD WEST, EARLY HAND CUFFS ETC, THIS IS FOR THE DISCRIMINATING COLLECTOR. THESE MEASURE 1 3/8" TALL AND CLOSES TO 3". - eBay
The bidding started at $0.01 and went for over $1,172 (Plus $7.40 shipping). Unreal.

I do not have any thumbcufs at the moment but they are on my shopping list. I was planning on getting a new set, but I guess I need to check out what other antiques might be available. Then again, I can buy over 100 new pairs of thumb cuffs for that this one set went for. Or 5 or 6 antique sets of handcuffs. Maybe even a set of Bean Giant handcuffs.....

-----

No comments: