Also be sure to visit:

My friend's website:

Oct 16, 2008

Master Lock # 48 - Unusual Brass Padlock

Here is a great looking Brass padlock.


A highly respected locksmith told me that these locks were made by Master for a short period of time in the 1940-1950 years and they are somewhat rare.

- Brass case measures 1 1/2" x 2 7/8 ".
- The lock is in good condition and the key works well.
- The locks have 2 levers and 2 wards and there are 24 key changes. - eBay
I think this is interesting because the design reminds me of a combination lock with its round shape, almost like a flying saucer. It is also very neat in its lack of decoration. It just looks very '50s.

This lock sold for $28.02 (plus $3 shipping) Not bad for a rare lock. I have only seen three and I own two of them.
-----

No comments: