Also be sure to visit:

My friend's website:

Feb 21, 2010

Rare Yale Padlock

It is always nice to see a rare padlock. For me the definition is anything that goes for over a $1,000. (or at least is valued over $1,000)





YOU ARE BIDDING ON A VINTAGE ORIGINAL BRASS PADLOCK. I COULD NOT FIND ANY MANUFACTURER'S MARKS NOR CAN I DATE THIS PADLOCK, BUT I DID FIND SOME LETTERS AND NUMBERS STAMPED IN THE PADLOCK (SEE PHOTO). LOCK MEASURES 2-1/4" WIDE, 3-3/8" HIGH AND 1/2" THICK.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Feb-04-10 at 06:55:03 PST, seller added the following information:

THANKS TO A FELLOW EBAYER, HE HAS GIVEN ME THE CORRECT INFORMATION ON THIS PADLOCK. THIS IS A SUPER RARE LINUS YALE SENIOR MADE IN THE ORIGINAL YALE WORKSHOP IN NEWPORT, NY CIRCA 1840.
- eBay (10 Feb 2010)

This padlock had a high bid of $2,355 (Plus $4.90 Shipping).
-----

No comments: