Also be sure to visit:

My friend's website:

Aug 16, 2009

Miniature Antique Cook's Combination Padlock

This is a great looking miniature:






Pictured in The Padlock Collector, 6th Edition, by Franklin Arnall on page 69, lock number 3.

The total length of this lock being auctioned is approximately 1 3/8 inch, by 7/16 inch diameter.

The lock has five rotating dials. The dials rotate 180 degrees. Each must be correctly aligned in one of three positions left, right, or center in order to unlock.

This lock is not old, and was in fact made by me. I took measurements from an actual antique Cook's patent padlock and scaled it down to 1/2 size. This is an accurate reproduction in miniature. This lock is number 1 (the first made), and signed by me. So far there are only 4 including this, the other three are in private collections. I might make one more for myself if this one sells. I spent a lot of time and effort on this miniature. There are exactly 26 parts that make up this padlock. I can provide pictures of the parts prior to assembly to the winning bidder.

I will be happy to answer questions and email photos upon request.

I will pay for shipping and insurance on this item.

Thank you for looking.

On Jul-02-09 at 16:49:47 PDT, seller added the following information:

$495 RESERVE. - eBay (7 July 09)


This padlock had a high bid of $158.05 (Plus free Shipping) but failed to meet the stated reserve price.
-----

1 comment:

devinezqui said...

Only 7 ever made.
They are not antiques, they are made by a collector, usually sells them for about $ 700 from what I hear...