Also be sure to visit:

My friend's website:

Mar 29, 2011

Miniature Horseshoe Dog Collar Padlock

I was really surprised to come across this small horseshoe padlock because I was aware of the large one and the smaller one (which is the largest one on the photo below). And interestingly enough, there is an even smaller one.







Here is a neat miniature antique dog collar padlock. It measures 1 inch long, 3/4 across, and 3/16 inch thick. It is a working padlock, though I have no key. It is a very rare and hard to find miniature padlock dating to the late 19th century. Though the hasp is worn There are some letters and numbers present as seen in photos. This was made by the BARNES MFG CO and was patented in 1879. The last two photos showing three locks are to show you the others currently listed in seperate auctions. This auction is only for the tiny 1 inch horseshoe lock. I will consider fair and reasonable offers. - eBay (26 March 2011)

This padlock had a starting bid of $495 (Plus $4.95 Shipping) but failed to attract any bidders.
-----

2 comments:

devinezqui said...

I have all three and they are in impecable condition, if you ever want to have better pics, e-mail me....

Dog Containment Options said...

This is my very first time I visited here. I discovered numerous cool stuff in your website especially its discussion. From the tons of feedback in your articles, I suppose I am not the one getting all of the enjoyment right here! Proceed the excellent job.