Also be sure to visit:

My friend's website:

Nov 10, 2009

Rare Bean Giant Handcuffs Marked Iver Johnson Co. Boston

Another example of my favorite handcuff. Nice that there are a couple coming up for auction. This one looks like it might have been opened at some point in the past.







This is for a pair of Bean Giant handcuffs from the 1880's marked Iver Johnson Co. Boston around the hinge on either side. No patent date but we know when these were in use. They measure just over 6 inches in lenght and 2 7/8 inch closed. the plating is bad in a couple spots as I have shown in the photos. There is a 5 marked twice on the centers on each side. The buttons push in fine and for a while I had a home made key and it worked the cuffs fine but the key has been misplaced, so I know they would work with the right key, available on other websites. Guarenteed to be a original pair and rare. - eBay (7 Nov 2009)

This Bean Giant had a high bid of $2,010 (Plus $8.10 Shipping).
-----

1 comment:

Lars Holst said...

I agree, this cuff has once been opened for repair. It's a shame for such a nice cuff.