Also be sure to visit:

My friend's website:

Dec 7, 2009

Cherub / Cupid story padlock

Here is another story lock example:






I am no expert on story locks but I think this is a rare and very collectable one. Russell and Erwin produced several slightly different Cherub/Cupid story locks – some with USA stamped on them, slight variations in leaf pattern and so on. I think all are covered under the Henry E. Russell Jr. Design Patent D11308 from 1879. I have not found a picture of this exact one though collectors of this style of lock will know much more than me about it. It is 2 inches wide and a little over 2.5 inches tall with the R&E Co. trademark at the 6 o’clock position on the reverse of the lock. There is a R and E key with it. The lock is working and is in good condition. - eBay (18 Oct 2009)

This padlock had a high bid of $969.99 (Plus $5 Shipping).
-----

No comments: