Also be sure to visit:

My friend's website:

Jan 15, 2013

Steel Brass Unmarked Lock Padlock Corbin Cylinder

I was very intrigued when I saw this padlock. Looking at the selling prices, clearly I was not the only one.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Vintage Padlock approximately 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" x 1" For your consideration is an antique padlock made of brass and iron or steel. The shackle at the top is fixed, or stuck, and when the key is turned, the interior parts slide down below the brass case. There is another flat piece which moves up and down. I have never seen a padlock like this one, and I am uncertain of its application or how it is meant to work. There are two lines on the reverse which are the result of a sticker have been placed there. - eBay (13 Jan 2013)
This padlock had a high bid of $127.50 (Plus $5.15 Shipping).
-----

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazingly Unique Lock

Pestilentz said...

This is a Graynie Chain Lock with a Corbin Pin-Tumbler Lock. It was invented by Raymond K. Gray and was patented on Aug. 9, 1921. The lock was used to secure the spare tire on cars such as the Ford Model T and others from the 1920's. It came with a chain that had a leather cover.

Anonymous said...

I just picked up one of these at a flea market in upstate NY. The key was broken off inside so I was able to get another made. It came with the chain on it but the slide was badly corroded inside. I was able to disassemble clean and restore. Very unique lock!