Also be sure to visit:

My friend's website:

Sep 29, 2011

NORTH POLE Padlock ~ Admiral BYRD Commemorative

Here is a second North Pole Commemorative padlock.






Beautiful old brass padlock commemorates Admiral Richard E. Byrd's Antarctic expedition. Manufactured by J. Walter Miller Lock Co. of Lancaster ,Pa. ( Company stopped producing padlocks in the 1930's ). There is no key, and the previous owner oiled the lock inside and out. The hasp has quite a bit of play, yet seems like it would be hard to close; there is a slight gap/bend in the outer plate near the joint. Looking inside, I see a rough edge where a piece of brass has been broken. I'm not a lock person so don't know the name of this part, but will try to show it in my photos. Cosmetically, apart from a bit of green paint, and the usual nicks and dings, this is a very handsome piece. - eBay (8 Aug 2011)
This padlock had a high bid of $356.33 (Plus $7.95 Shipping).
-----

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have the same lock in perfect condition from my dad since he passed away 5 months ago.no key.what do you think this may be worth