Also be sure to visit:

My friend's website:

Feb 10, 2011

1904 Eagle Padlock - St Louis World's Fair

These World's Fair padlocks come up accasionally, but I do not recall another being sold with a working key.






ST. LOUIS 1904 WORLD'S FAIR PADLOCK

For auction is this padlock from the 1904 St. Louis Louisiana Purchase World's Fair. Made by Eagle Lock Company it comes with its original matched key. The lock is in very good used condition with honest wear as you can see in the photos. The springs are strong and the action is perfect, opening and closing. There is no binding and there are no bends, breaks or repairs. It measures 2 1/2" x 3 1/2". Key is 2 1/4" long. - eBay (31 Jan 2011)

This padlock had a high bid of $486.77 (Plus $4.90 Shipping).
-----

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found the same lock in my fathers belongings! I have not found a key yet but still looking? It's n very good shape! Needs a little cleaning but otherwise great shape! Hopefully ICANN's find the key