Also be sure to visit:

My friend's website:

Dec 14, 2010

1876 CLARKE 10-Letter Combination Padlock

This is a very nice combination padlock. Unfortunately my limit was a little less than what at least one other person was willing to pay to get this padlock. So it seems that I will be waiting a little longer before I can get my hands on one.






Here we have a rare find! An early Clarke combination padlock. The only markings I see are on the back. 'Pat'd Feb.4, 1873, Reissued Feb.29, 1876'. These are Henry Clarke patents. Lock appears to be made of solid bronze. It is a 10-letter combination lock. I requires a 3 letter combination to open. It is in perfect working condition and I do have the combination for it.

The instructions to open the lock are as follows: You pull out the large ring in order to pull all the buttons in the OUT position. You then push the ring back in for easier access to the buttons. You then push IN the 3 buttons corresponding with the 3-letter combination. You then turn the ring to the right and the lock can then be opened.

This is an antique lock and it does have scratches and wear. Please look at pictures to see the condition. - eBay (12 Dec 2010)

This padlock had a high bid of $616.67 (Plus $9.99 Shipping).
-----

No comments: