Also be sure to visit:

My friend's website:

Sep 9, 2013

SOREL COMBINATION LOCK

I still do not have one of these. Not the prettiest of combination locks, but a nice one anyway. One reason that I think it is a little odd, is that it all appears to be self contained with the very understated dial.

 
 
 
OFFERED IS A BRASS COMBINATION LOCK THAT READS SOREL LOCK LIMITED SOREL CANADA PATENTED 1921 ON THE BOTTOM. THIS LOCK MEASURES ABOUT 3 1/4" TALL AND 1 1/2" IN DIAMETER. THIS IS A VERY HEAVY DUTY AND WELL BUILT LOCK THAT FUNCTIONS PERFECTLY WITH THE KNOWN CODE. THIS ONE IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION AND HARDER TO FIND SO BID WITH CONFIDENCE. - eBay (2 June 2013)
This padlock had a high bid of $546 (Plus $7.25 Shipping).
-----

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you lose the combination you may open this lock with a soda can. Contrary to some popular belief they are not solid brass. Each lock has two combinations, One is L R L and the other is R L R. Once the lock is opened you may change the combination. I have a number of these without the combos and have opened them all.

Unknown said...

Mom always said if you got nothing nice to say don't say nothing at all

MaliceTheWolf said...

Hi! I have obtained a lock like this. To the commenter who said to use a soda can, I have tried a few ways, but to no avail. If you see this, can you please explain in further detail? I tried with a normal cylinder shim, a cut straw, part of a soda can, but to no avail. Thank you very much for your time!

Anonymous said...

Where can I get this lock opened and get the combination?