Also be sure to visit:

My friend's website:

May 17, 2013

Walden Tool Handcuffs

You know that you have reached a point of satisfaction in collecting when you see opportunities and pass on them. A year ago I would have snapped this up when I spotted it. For some reason I saw it when it was first listed and... did nothing. I have only seen two others and I thought the price was fair. Apparently so did another collector.

Congratulations to them for the newest addition to their collection.





Up for sale is a very rare set of Walden handcuffs patented in Boston Mass. around 1918. Due to the delicate design not many of these have survived and would be a great addition to anyone's collection. This set was brass plated or similar and is the only pair I've seen like such in any collection. Both sides lock and unlock accordingly and the "arming buttons" also work. One post is missing but does not prevent a key from working. As seen in the photos the plating is worn in a few places which I reckon can be expected for being nearly 100 years old. - eBay (13 May 2013)

This set of cuffs had a 'Buy-it-now' price of $1,100 (Plus $22.95 Shipping).
-----

No comments: