Also be sure to visit:

My friend's website:

Nov 15, 2012

Small Clarke Combination Brass Padlock

This is a nice example of an intricate combination padlock. Actually, these are very cool. I have one but I do not have the cover for it.
 



This is a very old brass padlock that was manufactured by the Clarke Lock Co. Philadelphia. The padlock measures about 2 1/4" in width, 3 5/16" in length and about 1 3/8" in thickness. You can see the Pat'd date on the back is Feb. 4, 1873 Revised Feb. 29 1876. You can see all 12 tumblers are intact and the front cover with the chain link is also intact. I do not know the combination. I would say the overall condition is good for the age but it has been used as you can see from the pictures. Had trouble getting a good picture of the date on the back of the padlock. Buyer pays shipping charges . - eBay (6 Nov 2012)
This padlock had a high bid of $1,264 (Plus $8.75 Shipping).
-----

No comments: